Eosinophil-Driven Diseases (EDDs)lol竞猜app
Our commitment to eosinophil-driven diseases英雄联盟竞猜平台
EDDs are inflammatory illnesses in which elevated eosinophils are a direct cause or are thought to play a critical role.1 Some EDDs have limited or no approved treatment options, creating a significant unmet need for innovative medicines. We know now that a process called eosinophilic immune dysfunction may be responsible for the eosinophil recruitment and activation that is driving these diseases. Backed by a growing body of evidence, we’re committed to advancing the understanding of the role of eosinophils in inflammatory diseases across Respiratory & Immunologylol竞猜app
– Living with Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE)
“It was pretty terrifying to not be able to go out and eat and take my wife anywhere without worrying about getting home...or having severe abdominal pain so bad that it just made you bend over in a ball.”
– Living with Eosinophilic Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (EGPA)
“Before this, I was a career person and I exercised a lot and now I can’t do any of that anymore. Your friends kind of disappear when you get sick because nobody wants to sit on your couch constantly and watch movies, but that’s pretty much what you can do. It’s hard for you to get up and do things."
– Living with Hypereosinophilic Syndrome (HES)
“Between 2010 and 2014, I was hospitalised 26 times. They thought I had been in a fire because that’s the way my skin looked. It looked like someone whose skin had been burned and really what caused that was my excessive scratching and bleeding.”
At AstraZeneca, we’re driven by innovation and our commitment to make a real-life difference in patients’ lives. Join us and help deliver life-changing medicines. Be among our employees who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the world’s leaders in biopharmaceuticals.
1. American Partnership for Eosinophilic Disorders. What is an eosinophil associated disease? Available at: https://apfed.org/关于-ead/what-is-an-eosinophil-associated-disease/. [Last accessed: September 2019].
2. Ramirez GA, Yacoub MR, Ripa M, et al. Eosinophils from physiology to disease: a comprehensive review. Biomed Res Int. 2018; 9095275.
3. American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology. Atopic dermatitis. Available at:https://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/allergy-library/eczema-atopic-dermatitis[Last accessed: April 2020].
4. National Organisation for Rare Disorders. Bullous Pemphigoid. Available at: https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/bullous-pemphigoid/. [Last accessed: April 2020].
5. GOLD. Global Strategy for the Diagnosis, Management and Prevention of COPD, Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) 2020. [Online]. Available at: https://goldcopd.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/GOLD-2020-FINAL-ver1.2-03Dec19_WMV.pdf [Last accessed: April 2020].
6. Adeloye D, Chua S, Lee C, et al. Global Health Epidemiology Reference Group (GHERG). Global and regional estimates of COPD prevalence: Systematic review and meta-analysis. J Glob Health. 2015; 5 (2): 020415.
7. Saha S and Brightling SE. Eosinophilic airway inflammation in COPD. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2006; 1(1):39-47.
8. American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology. Hives (urticaria) and Angioedema overview Available at: https://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/allergy-library/hives-angioedema. [Last accessed: January 2020].
9. Maurer M, Abuzakouk M, Bérard F, et al. The burden of chronic spontaneous urticaria is substantial: Real-world evidence from ASSURE-CSU. Allergy. 2017;72:2005–2016. doi: 10.1111/all.13209.
10. Wenzel SE. Severe asthma in adults. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005;172:149-160.
11. Coumou H, Bel EH. Improving the diagnosis of eosinophilic asthma. Expert Rev Respir Med. 2016;10(10): 1093-1103.
12. Trivedi SG, Lloyd CM. Eosinophils in the pathogenesis of allergic airways disease. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2007;64(10):1269-1289.
13. American Partnership for Eosinophilic Disorders. EoE. Available at: https://apfed.org/关于-ead/egids/eoe/. [Last accessed: September 2019].
14. American Partnership for Eosinophilic Disorders. Eosinophilic Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (EGPA). Available at: https: apfed.org/about-ead/eosinophilic-granulomatosis-with-polyangiitis/. [Last accessed: September 2019].
15. Baldini C, Talarico R, Della Rossa A, Bombardieri S. Clinical Manifestations and Treatment of Churg-Strauss Syndrome. Rheum Dis Clin N Am. 2010; 36: 527-543.
16. American Partnership for Eosinophilic Disorders. Hypereosinophilic Syndromes. Available at: https://apfed.org/关于-ead/hypereosinophilic-syndrome/. [Last accessed: September 2019].
17. American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology. Nasal Polyps. Available at: https://aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/conditions-dictionary/Nasal-Polyps. [Last accessed: September 2019].
Veeva ID: Z4-23707
Date of Preparation: April 2020
Date of Expiration: April 2022